.

.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

C4T #4

My final C4T assignment was Kelly Tenkely's blog, iLearn Technology.

The first post I commented on was Apprenticing Students in the Art of Learning. In this post, Tenkely discusses her belief that the best way to learn and teach is through a model of apprenticeship. Tenkely recounts stories of her childhood, in which her parents modeled this hands on learning attitude. I agree that the best way to teach students is by modeling the learning process, yourself. To be a good teacher, you have to be ready and willing to learn.


While reading this post, I couldn't help but think of EDM 310, a class in which I have learned A LOT-- but not by being lectured or taught in the traditional sense. The reason I have learned so much from this class is because in EDM 310 we learn hands on. We dive in and figure things out for ourselves, which is a skill and an attitude I will take with me far beyond the walls of the College of Education.


The second post I commented on was Our Little Earth: Global News for World Citizens. Our Little Earth is an international, online newspaper for kids. This is one of many great resources I have discovered through my C4T assignments. Our Little Earth is totally free and is delivered via e-mail every two weeks. This virtual magazine is a great way to keep kids informed, and even has a global map that highlights where news from each issue is coming from. Providing students with a news outlet that is on their intellectual level is a great way to spark their interest in politics, geography and current events.

No comments:

Post a Comment